Diwali

Who  doesen’t like firecrackers. I know for a fact that I like them. I also love sweets and hanging out with friends. And I love presents. Now I know what you’re thinking. I obviously like these things but why are am bringing this up. Well the reason for that is every year  I celebrate an Indian festival with all those things I mentioned above, it is called Diwali.

Diwali is a really old festival that dates back 10,000+ years. The purpose of this festival is to remind us that good will always triumph evil.

Now I know you’re thinking that you want to celebrate this festival too, and let me tell you it is AWESOME. The firecrackers are a big spectacle. In fact they are so bright that you feel like you could keep lighting them through out the whole night. You also get a lot of presents from your parents and get to have fun with friends. It’s one of the best holidays for me.

Another highlight it that you get to eat a lot of delicacies. We eat a lot of Indian sweets and my favorite is kaju burfi (a sweet made of cashews. We also get to enjoy a lot of other home cooked meals.

But the thing that I like the most about Diwali is that is unites families and friends together. And it really strengthens our family’s bonds. When we are all together we all feel joyful. And we are always reminded that no matter what happens in life our family will always be there.

Creative commons