Holi

There are a lot of festivals in the world. All of them have something unique about them. Festivals are more than just celebrating, they are about experiencing culture. So today I want to talk about an Indian festival I celebrate called Holi.

Holi is an Indian festival where you play with colors and water. The purpose of this festival is to show that spring is here and winter is over. Spring brings a lot of colors and that is what Holi is symbolic of. Holi was originally a holiday for married women to spread goodwill and prosperity, but in has evolved a lot since then.

One thing I like about Holi is that you can play with a lot of colors. It is very vibrant so it gives a very positive feeling inside of you. It also brings a lot of joyful memories for me. In fact I still remember my Holi from 5 years ago because it was the only time I celebrated Holi in India. It is played at a very large scale, everyone in the neighborhood gathers together to play.

Holi is more than having fun, it is about valuing the people around you. Festivals are celebrated for many different reasons.  But at the end of the day they are meant to strengthen bonds with your loved ones. And as long as you are doing that, no matter how you celebrate, you did the festival correct.

Here are some photos of my Holi celebration this year.

by me